QORVAL PARTNERS, LLC NAMES FOUR SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTORS/SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTSOctober 7, 2021
(Naples, FL, October 6, 2021) Paul Fioravanti, MBA, MPA, CTP, and CEO & Managing Partner of Qorval Partners, LLC, a 25-year old Southeast based advisory, management consulting, turnaround and restructuring and financial and operational improvement firm, announced today that Lane Morlock, Lissa Weissman and Karl D. Reed have joined the firm as Senior Managing Directors and SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) and Edmund Scordato, CPA, who has been with Qorval since 2014, has been named Senior Managing Director and SME.
According to Fioravanti, “Qorval clients are in good hands with Ed, Lane, Lissa and Karl, all immensely experienced professionals who collectively and individually further bolster our growing team with additional subject matter expertise. Our founder, six-time Fortune 500 CEO Jim Malone launched Qorval in 1996 to build a unique model providing immersed expertise to transform companies and enable them to improve profitability and drive financial and operational KPI’s. Jim’s formula, the subject of a forthcoming namesake book, was “Profit + Growth + Fun = Security.” Jim’s legacy of providing experienced professionals to transform businesses lives on through a vibrant, growing team which embodies the core values we rely on when we’re called in to businesses of various sizes to “bring the its” – The “Grow it, the Fix it, the Exit.” Jim always focused on delivering results, not reports, and our name, Qorval, comes from “Core Values.”
Edmund Scordato, CPA, Senior Managing Director and SME, Finance, Accounting, Reporting and Transaction Advisory Support
- Ed Scordato, CPA, joined Qorval in 2014 and is a seasoned financial executive with decades of experience working in the construction, real estate, telecommunications and service industries. During that time and for 20 years, he served as the Chief Financial Officer for three construction companies.
- Ed has extensive proven experience with and expert knowledge of Sage and Timberline accounting software and completed successful conversions from QuickBooks to Timberline, and from Timberline to Timberline, and from Timberline to QuickBooks.
- Ed also served as Chief Financial Officer of several international communications companies and early in his career served as the Director of Financial Planning for the American Broadcasting Company (ABC). He has extensive experience developing financial reporting systems along with strong analytical and strategic planning skills, including cash forecasting and budgeting.
- Ed’s financial expertise during the due diligence process helped in the successful sale of a wireless company to a global private equity firm at a more than 6X EBITDA He holds a BBA from Bernard Baruch College and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of New York, a Certified Quick Books Advisor and was an Adjunct Professor at several business colleges, teaching QuickBooks and accounting.
Lane Morlock, Senior Managing Director and SME, Interim Management and Executive Leadership Services
- Lane is a seasoned executive with 30+ years’ diverse business experience in manufacturing, supply chain, program/project management, and performance improvement processes. Over the course of his career, he has been dedicated to bringing organizations to the next phase of growth and development, and is a results-driven management professional with progressive leadership experience while being successful at defining compelling operational strategies, gaining organizational commitment, and developing the capabilities to achieve the vision. He is an effective analyst, communicator, visionary and creative problem-solver with a “big picture” mentality who effectively adapts to new challenges.
- Lane was recently CEO & President at Shaw Development, an industrial engineering and manufacturing holding company. During his tenure over a +7-year period, he led the company to achieve top-line Revenue and bottom line EBITDA improvements of 300% and +500% respectively. Lane led the company through a sale process that resulted in a successful transaction with a PE firm.
- Lane has extensive global general management, manufacturing, and operations leadership experience and served as the Site Operations Leader for a Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems facility; a $500 million operation with approximately 700 employees.
- Prior to Raytheon, Lane was with General Motors Corporation for 15 years, spending a three- year assignment in China overseeing a large $100M capital investment. After returning to the United States, he spent another two years working at a Toyota/GM joint venture (NUMMI), in both manufacturing and engineering leadership roles. Lane is a highly skilled lean expert having trained with Toyota Lean Sensei while on assignment at NUMMI. Upon completing this assignment, he was assigned to the Global Manufacturing System group, where he led the implementation of Global Lean Manufacturing strategies and initiatives across manufacturing and engineering organizations at GM.
- Lane spent the early part of his career with Ford Motor Company and Boeing (Space and Defense) in a variety of engineering, manufacturing and management roles.
- Lane has a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and minors in Physics and Mathematics, from South Dakota State University with additional training in Engineering Management, Business Administration, and Executive Strategy & Merger/Acquisitions from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Lissa Weissman, Senior Managing Director and SME, Restructuring and Organizational Transformation
- Lissa Weissman has nearly 30 years of diversified consulting experience assisting companies in transition. She has worked for several boutique consulting firms over her career and has extensive in-depth experience including turnaround management, bankruptcy filings and management, due diligence, operational analysis, organizational design, and change management, working closely with firms to swiftly identify solutions in response to their unique business challenges.
- Lissa has participated in Chapter 11 filings and administration, extensive restructurings and restarts of businesses, multiple Reductions in Force, retail liquidations, disposition of assets, operational consulting, and the administrative reorganization of large accounting and law firms. She has also helped create workout plans for numerous firms and has provided litigation support and virtual data room management for large complex transactions.
- Lissa is also uniquely skilled in restructuring and business restart support services, including the areas of WARN and general human resources realignment and compliance, workforce management, document management, confidential client/customer feedback interviews, technical report editing and organizational analysis.
- Most recently, Lissa has worked finding financing and suitable JV partners for companies with challenges across the multiple industries including Aerospace, Real Estate, Flooring, and Agriculture.
Karl D. Reed, MBA, Colonel, United States Army, Retired – Senior Director and SME (Subject Matter Expert), Tactical Operations and Team/Leader Training Consultant
- Karl Reed is a globally experienced result driven executive leader and trainer with 29 years leading highly effective organizations, expert in the teaching, training, and implementation of the Military Decision-Making Process (“MDMP”) in dynamic environments
- Karl has led large staff organizations (1,800+ person) and commanded units (3,500+ person), multi-disciplined (security, intelligence, operational) organizations. He served as Director Operations/Planning, US Southern Command, responsible for strategic and operational, crisis action, counter-terrorism and counter drug operation and Chief of Staff, 82ND Airborne Division, responsible for Training Readiness and Oversight for 24,000 deployed Soldiers, US Army Brigade
Commander responsible for the discipline, reception and training of over 150,000 new Soldiers in time of War.
- Karl holds a BA and MBA from University of Maine and is a Harvard University, John Kennedy School of Government National Security Fellow.
- Karl will continue to provide Qorval’s clientele with team and leadership training to drive team results and improve organizational outcomes
Fioravanti said, “The team at Qorval is grateful and excited about Lane, Lissa and Karl joining us, we are thankful for Ed’s continued involvement, and we look forward to continuing to provide tactical advisory and consulting services to our clients which generate impactful and lasting results.”
Regarding Qorval’s outlook, Fioravanti said the firm is “responding to many requests for proposals to help businesses and organizations in the private, public and institutional sectors. In addition to severely impaired situations in construction, infrastructure services, hospitality, travel and retail, we’re seeing lots of financial and operating pressure in higher education, services, manufacturing, healthcare, aerospace, defense – virtually every industry and vertical, and without a doubt businesses are facing unprecedented supply chain challenges. In addition, M&A volume and transactions are up and we continue to support those business evolutions with proven experts.”
Fioravanti said Qorval plans to continue to add resources “to build our team and bolster our bench strength,” and has “more than 35 proven experienced professionals providing a range of business support services.”